Carissa "Car" Pelleteri is a portrait photographer and author. A born and raised New Yorker, while growing up in Brooklyn, Car started shooting portraits of herself and her friends at the tender age of ten. From her friendships and life in the city, Car is drawn to raw and candid subjects for their honesty and authenticity. She also has a love for the ocean, and its surrounding landscapes.
Her first book titled Surf+Turf:Montauk was released in 2014. A second book, titled Montauk 11954, will be released in the fall of 2018 by Schiffer Publishing.
Car lives in Hastings on Hudson, NY with her husband Vic and son Leo.
Self-portrait, Car Pelleteri, 2017
2014 Solo Show, Surf+Turf: Montauk, The Montauk Beach House, Montauk, NY
2013 Don't Look Back, The Camera Club of New York, New York, NY
2012 Today is the Day, Inaugural Benefit, November 27th, Jane Ballroom, New York, NY
2011 The Newsbox Project, The Fashion Center, 39th St., New York, NY
- Issue Project Room Benefit Art Auction, Industria Superstudio, New York, NY
- Spaced Out, The Camera Club of New York, New York, NY
- (P)ART COMMERICAL: Photographic Visions with Dual Purpose, Presentation of commercial work at B&H Photo, New York, NY
2010 Photo Benefit Auction for The Camera Club of New York, The Exhibition Lab, New York, NY
- Young Photographers Alliance Benefit Auction, New York, NY
- Loose Threads, Fashion Center Space for Public Art, New York, NY
- Gallery 8, The Fashion Center, A Juried Art Exhibition, Port Authority Bus Terminal, New York, NY
- On The Far Side of Here, The Camera Club of New York, New York, NY
2008 Auction of Contemporary Art Benefit for Issue Project Room, Phillips de Pury & Co, New York, NY
- Hommies, Fuse Gallery, New York, NY
2003 K48 “Attack” The Kult 48 Klubhouse, Deitch Projects, New York, NY
- K48 “Teenage Rebel” The Bedroom Show, Galerie du Jour, Agnès B, Paris, France
- K48 "Now Playing", D'Amelio Terras Gallery, New York, NY
The Brooklynites, by Seth Kushner & Anthony LaSala (published by Powerhouse Books) p.56
10 Years of Trace, by Claude Grunitzky & Steven Psyllos, p.392